At Norbury Hall children, staff and parents work actively in partnership to enable all children to realise their full potential.
We aim for us all, as learners, to:
- feel safe and valued as part of a caring community that celebrates success.
- be independent thinkers / learners who are able to seek solutions creatively and co-operatively.
- inspire an ‘enquiring’ mind and ask questions.
- be confident enough to take risks in our learning.
- experience and actively participate in a relevant, enjoyable curriculum that evolves to meet the needs of all.
- be able to listen and articulate responses showing consideration to others.
- be polite and courteous.
- be proactive in our responsibilities towards the community, society, the environment and economy, linking ‘real life’ with our learning.
- understand and respect diversity.
- be aware of and recognise our own learning needs and be involved in planning future steps.
- develop a sense of self esteem: be well balanced and healthy individuals.
At Norbury Hall we believe that learners should feel inspired to develop and succeed.
We believe that learners achieve more when teaching allows it to be:
- Creative, fun, memorable and purposeful
- Experiential, interactive and where possible practical
- Led by the learner, where opportunities for learners to own their outcomes and set their own challenges through their choices in resources, planning, success criteria, feedback and next steps for success.
We believe that the learning experience at Norbury Hall should promote our learners as:
Risk takers who make mistakes as part of the learning journey.
Emotionally engaged within a variety of inspirational teaching contexts.
Maximise opportunities to learn across a variety of experiences incorporating a variety of subjects and themes.
Our Mission Statement
We believe it is every child’s right at Norbury Hall Primary School to be educated in a safe, secure, caring and fair-minded environment. We seek to develop the whole person whilst encouraging our children to acquire skills, knowledge, understanding and positive attitudes within a supportive, happy and stimulating school. We believe it is the responsibility of everyone connected with our school community to help us achieve this.